The Clarissa Falls Restaurant
Our restaurant is located under a large thatch roof on a Maya mound sitting beside the Mopan River (a great
spot to do some bird-watching!). We invite
you to come & try the simple & exotic Belizean gourmet meals in our restaurant, where food is made & served with
love. A favourite among the locals, try our delicious variety of "Mestizo-style" dishes or select your own tasty
The Clarissa Falls Restaurant is very popular with vegans & vegetarians and offers many delicious meat & dairy-free
selections. If you have any special meal requirements while staying with Clarissa Falls, please
let us know in advance.
Chena is a natural healer and if you are not
feeling your best, ask her about her special healing soups & hot teas.
Our restaurant is open daily from 7 AM to 7 PM. All prices are in American dollars.
Here's a tasty sample of what's available on our daily menus. We also have seasonal & special dishes
available during the course of the year - we'll be happy to tell you all about it when you arrive.
You need a satisfying breakfast in preparation for a
day of adventure. To
start off the day right, for $5, enjoy a full meal - your choice of fresh fruit, eggs, tortillas & more -
to give you the energy to get up & go! We also have exotic fresh fruit juices & fresh fruit shakes (shakes -
Appetizers & Snacks
Great as a light meal, for lunch or as a start to dinner, our appetizers & snacks are all made fresh.
Many of our selection are well-suited for sharing with someone special!
- Ceviche: Fresh-made, your choice of shrimp or mixed and served with corn chips
- Shrimp: $5 / Mixed: $9
- Chips & salsa: Made with fresh tomatoes, onions & other ingredients
- Enchiladas: Made with our tomato sauce, topped with onions and garnished with
grated cheese - $2
- Salads: Several varieties, full of fresh vegetables - $5
- Sandwiches: Beef, BLT, cheese, pork, Western & more! - $3 - $6
- Tacos: Soft-shelled with your choice of bean, beef, chicken or pork and served
with our freshly-chopped garnish - $2.50
Each bowl of our soups is a meal in itself, and is cooked up fresh, just as you order. Full of wonderful
vegetables, our filling soups are served with corn tortillas or rice.
- Chena has healing soups to help you feel better - just ask!
- Bean, Beef, Chicken, Seafood, Vegetarian or Vegan - $9
- Escabeche: An onion soup with a spicy broth, served with
tortillas - $5
- Relleno Negro: A spicy black soup with chicken, boiled egg & meatball,
served with tortillas - $9
- Sere: A special fish dish - one taste and you will fall in love with it! Served with plantains -
We have a number of scrumptious Belizean, Mestizo & North American main courses for you to try. All
our dishes are prepared with local ingredients when you order.
- Beef in Sauce: Try either our special Tomato or Mustard sauce, served with
tortillas and rice - $9
- Spaghetti: Special local variants like Spaghetti al Ajo la Clarissa Falls
Resort (garlicy!) - $9
- Stuffed Squash: Local squash with beef or vegetarian-style - $9
- White Rice & Stew Beans: A traditional dish - plain or with beef, chicken or pork
Plain: $4 / Others: $6
For dessert we have several flavours of ice cream, but you must try Chena's famous spirit-soaked, black
fruitcake! Chena candies all of her own tropical fruits for this wonderfully decadent creation. It has become a special
Christmas tradition for all her lucky neighbours!
Beverages & Cocktails
No matter your thirst - or age - we have something to quench it!
- Chena has healing herbal teas such as garlic, ginger, lime & quantro - just ask!
- Coffee, tea, milk, bottled water, soda pop
- Fresh juices: Fresh fruit punch, limeade, orange, papaya, pineapple & watermelon
- Ice-cold Belikin beers
- Milkshakes: Tasty banana, chocolate, mango, soursop, vanilla & plain - $6
- Mixed drinks: House specials such as our home-made Margaritas, our famous Bloody Mary & Rum
- Special drinks: Mango, Papaya & milk, Paw paw & milk, and Soursop
Enjoy Clarissa Falls at home
We now have our special, homemade hot sauce available for sale for only $5. Take home a
few bottles and spice up your life!
Chena's decadent fruitcake is also available for purchase. Take one home for yourself or as a special gift
for friends for only $15.
Now you & your friends can savour Chena's famous fruitcake at home during the Easter or Christmas
holidays! Two-pound fruitcakes are available via mail order for $24, including shipping & handling.
Please contact us for more information. Be sure to order
early, supplies are limited!